Thousands of Pedestrian Accidents Are Reported Each Year: Know Your Rights
Each year thousands of pedestrians are severely injured or tragically killed after being struck by a motor vehicle. According to the CDC, a pedestrian dies every two hours in the United States due to a traffic crash. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Richard R. Kennedy provide legal representation for parties affected by pedestrian accidents. Our team in Lafayette, LA, will fight vigorously to help you and your family achieve justice and collect proper compensation during this very difficult time. To discuss your case with Richard Kennedy Sr. or Richard Kennedy III, please contact us to schedule your free consultation.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Injuries
Tragically, young children and elderly people are the most common victims in pedestrian accidents. As a result of being more vulnerable and unprotected, there is a vastly disproportionate number of catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths when pedestrians are struck by a motor vehicle.
Often death and injury occurs after a driver has failed to follow laws, or has failed to drive responsibly. When a driver fails in their driving responsibilities, they should be held financially and legally accountable in a court of law. The most common causes of pedestrian accidents occur when drivers:
- Operate a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fail to look for pedestrians that are legally crossing an intersection during a green light
- Recklessly pass other drivers who have stopped to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk
- Fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians in a crosswalk
- Do not to stop when a school bus is letting students off at a designated bus stop
- Sideswipe pedestrians
- Lose control of their vehicle and strike pedestrians walking on a sidewalk
- Strike a pedestrian as they are exiting their vehicle.
Why You Need an Experienced Accident Attorney
Without an experienced accident attorney, the victim is left to deal with the responsible party’s insurance company. It is common practice for insurance companies to take advantage of the victim by offering them a grossly insufficient settlement amount.
When seeking representation from our distinguished attorneys, we will fight to protect your rights and collect the proper compensation. Our team has a long history of obtaining the compensation and accountability that our clients deserve following an accident. Our team will assist you in maximizing your damage recovery by collecting for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost earnings and earning potential
- Pain and suffering (for you and your loved ones)
- Emotional distress
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of parental or spousal financial support
- And more…
Discuss Your Case With Our Team
Pedestrian accidents can result in years or a lifetime of physical and emotional distress, medical bills, and long-lasting effects. Having an experienced accident attorney who understands the rights of pedestrians and how to deal with insurance companies is crucial in recovering the damages you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured, or has been tragically killed in an accident, please contact us to discuss your case.